Thursday, July 26, 2012

Frustration....

I woke up today and thought what a wonderful day, you know that feeling when you wake up to a clean house and the kids sleep in a little and everything seems to be going wonderful.  Then the morning started out just like any other we did our morning routine and as I sat down to teach the children todays bible lesson I became frustrated. Today we talked about Jesus walking on water and how when Peter stepped out of the boat in faith he was able to do the impossible, but as soon as he took his eyes off Jesus and focused on the world around him he started to sink. 

The kids were great during the lesson and we sang some songs but I still felt uneasy. When i took time to think about it I realized that I am frustrated with my life. The place I am in right now, and like I talked about before every thing has a root good or bad. Whats the root of this? Discontentment. Ugh great, blah no wonder I am unhappy. I am discontent. I keep waiting for something to make me happy, or a situation to change to change my attitude. But I need to remember that its not about my timing its about the Lords. He has me where I am for a reason and I need to rest in that. Sometimes I think God can't handle me, then I am like "oh yeah, He created the whole world but He can't handle me and my issues". 

I need to remember that God is in control, He can handle me when I am happy, angry, upset, sinful, discontent. When we start to feel discontent we have to refocus our eyes on Christ and what he has done for us and what He has promised us. Not a happy picture perfect life, but everlasting life if we are faithful and believe in Jesus. (John 14:6) 
Just like Peter if we take our eyes off of Jesus we can easily become distracted by the things around us. Find joy in Jesus and our new life, be content in where God has you now because He knows and sees the whole picture not just snapshots like we do. 

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jerm 29:11

Happy Thursday Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment