Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I wish..

Do you ever find yourself thinking I wish things were different, I wish this worked out, I wish I could be with that person, I wish, I wish...
Today is that day for me. Today is the day that I "wish" things were different, people were different, I was different. Someone who I love very much recently told me that I am too uptight and I made a thousand excuses as to why I am. But when I sat back and thought about it I realized that I am uptight because I am controlling, insecure and not able to trust people. I think when you break those things down you get sin. Yes being controlling is a sin, insecurity and the trust issues. Now it might not seem so on the surface but when you break it down to the root you find the real problem. You see every thing has a root, whether its good or bad.
Being controlling is sinful because when I sit back and think about the reasons I am controlling its because I need everything MY way, I sugar coat it and say that it works best this way, I say I'm a single mom so everything has to work just so. The real reason is selfishness. I'm selfish, I care only about the things I want and "need", how situations make ME feel. I also think I don't fully trust in the Lord, maybe I don't trust when He says "I love you", maybe I don't trust that he will supply my every need. So It comes down to do I believe the Lord and what He says in his word or am I calling God a liar! Well God is definitely not a liar. Everything He ever promised has been fulfilled. Out of the two of us I am the only one who has not been what I claim to be!

Insecurity is an interesting thing, we tell ourselves that we are secure and go to great lengths to prove it. But the truth is we are not. Woman have it tough, we have constant "competition" from the world around us. So we change how we act, how we dress, what we do, all to get validation from people that we are good enough. When in fact we are good enough, the creator of the world loves us, yes we are sinners, yes we are imperfect but yes He loves us! That should give us all the security we need! God has proven his love and we say oh that's not good enough God, give me something else! We drive our spouses, family, friends and "partners" crazy needing constant re assurance when in reality its not enough cause that's not what we actually need. We need the love of Christ cause that's the only thing that is constant and unchanging.We need to put our trust and security in the one that is always the same! The one who promises I will never leave you or forsake you!

Now Trust, that's a difficult thing, we have all been lied to, hurt, felt abandoned, etc. All I am going to say on this topic is that there is someone we can trust wholeheartedly, someone who never lets us down. Someone who takes every situation and uses it for his good. Lets trust in His love, His promises. People let us down just like we let them down. We are imperfect. If we were perfect there would be no need for a savior. Lets go out ladies and love each other like Christ commands, over looking each others shortcomings, lets try to have unconditional love like our savior has for us!

So next time we "wish" things were different lets rejoice in who we are in Christ. Lets be joyful for all He has given us from our children, to our homes, to our bff's, :) to being a new creation in Christ. For even if we had all of our hearts desires without Christ where would we be?  We would be damned and hopeless.

Hope this is encouraging for you ladies today, it sure is exactly what I needed to hear today! Have a happy Tuesday gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment